My media consumption


Newspapers

  • I occasionally read the newspaper, the one particular one I prefer is the metro.
  • I usually turn to the first page of the news paper as its where I would find the most controversial news.
  •  I never read the section towards the back as that section is usually for advertising, which I'm not really interested in.
  • The kind of stories I find myself to be the most interested in are the ones where they talk about justice and talk about when a criminal has been punished for their crimes.
  • I read newspapers on the go and would usually pick them up while on a train or bus.
  • I have a news app on my phone which has a variety of news articles. A particular article that I really like is the daily mail.

Magazines 



  • I don't read any magazines as I don't find them very interesting.

Television



  • I spend approximately 17 hours watching television in a week.
  • I usually watch television in the evenings.
  • The program I like the best is Steve Austin's broken skull challenge, I like this program as its very entertaining reality TV show and consists very challenging physical activities which makes it different from other TV shows.
  • Most of the time I watch TV with other people, and we usually end up watching the same thing
  • Majority of the time I watch movies or TV shows on my iPad, as its easier and convenient to find them and you can watch them any time. 


Radio


  • I sometimes listen to the radio.
  • I listen to stations such as capital or kiss, I like these station because their entertaining and plays good music.
  • I spend approximately 1 hour or less listening to the radio
  • I only listen to the radio when I'm in the car.
  • I don't perform any activities while listening to the music.
  • No one listen to the radio in my house.


Cinema


  • The last movie I saw in the cinema was baby driver.
  • I have seen a variety of films on Netflix or just free streaming.
  • I watch movies with my family and friends 
  • We all decide on what movies to watch, or just watch what others are choosing.
  • The devices i watch movies on are laptop, tablet or television.


Online


  • I access the internet quite frequently for any piece of information or just entertainment.
  • I access the internet at home, school and sometimes at my work place.
  • The main sites I go to are google, you tube,amazon and other
  • I visit these website for entertainment, information and to buy things.
  • I don't do any activities while accessing the internet.
  • My primary device for accessing the internet is my phone.
  • The social networking I visit regularly is snap chat and twitter. I visit these websites to communicate with my friends and keep up with the affairs happening around the world.



Reflection

The way I can develop the amount of media I can use is by looking at different kinds if sources for e.g news paper, news channel, news apps and short news clip online. This will extend the amount and variety of news I consume as I will learn different things from different sources.

To help me with my studying instead of just reading the news I will also look at the manner in which it's presented and portrayed. I will also extend the amount of news I take in in a day, wchic will help me with my general knowledge.

The sources of media I will start to access this year will be the news app along side with news articles    of different news papers online

Comments