Magazine practical task: blog work

































1) Save your finished Photoshop magazine cover as a JPEG image and upload it to your evaluation blogpost.



2) Write an evaluation of your work: have you succeeded in your brief to create a new, original edition of an existing magazine?
I believe that I have succeeded in the brief to create a new,original edition of an existing magazine cover. I followed the characteristics of the original magazine covers and my central image is a similarity to what an audience of Men's health magazine would expect to see on the cover.

3) Put your cover alongside a couple of genuine covers of your chosen magazine. How professional is your work alongside genuine examples?


Image result for mens health magazine      Image result for male fitness magazine

  • My magazines lacks the professional fonts.
  • The setting makes the magazine look more formal
  • My cover lines for the magazines could be more professional

4) What is the strongest aspect of your work?




The strongest aspect of my work is the editing of the background, as i had to remove a shadow in the background. I also used a  model that Men's health magazine viewers would be used to of seeing.5) What is the weakest aspect of your Photoshop magazine cover? 

The weakest aspect of my cover would be the font of the magazine as it could have been more professional looking. I could've also used a brighter background to enhance the models features.
6) What would you do differently if you completed this assignment again?


I would watch more tutorials to improve my photo shopping skills. I would also choose a different magazine for e.g fashion or lifestyle.
   

Comments